To produce world class mechanical engineers by imparting quality technical education and promoting research to meet current and future challenges for industrial development and make them responsible citizens.
- To create conducive environment for high quality teaching and learning thereby facilitating the students acquire sound fundamental principles of engineering for higher studies and professional career.
- To attain synergy in teaching and real world problems with industry interaction by having MOUs.
- To nurture students with a global outlook for sustainable development.
- To produce engineers with high moral and ethical values.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- To make students acquire comprehensive knowledge of mathematics, basic sciences and humanities in addition to strong concepts in Mechanical Engineering.
- To enable graduates develop expertise and insight in core areas like mechanical design, thermal engineering, materials and manufacturing science to solve any application oriented problem.
- To develop the attitude among students for life-long learning through self-study, research and innovation.
- To make the learners well informed citizens with good communication skills and ethical values
Program Outcomes (POs):
- Able to apply the basic knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and comprehensive knowledge of thermal, design and manufacturing engineering to solve complex engineering problems.[Engineering Knowledge]
- Able to identify, formulate and solve mechanical engineering problems using principles of engineering sciences, mathematics and appropriate engineering standards. [Problem Analysis]
- Able to design mechanical systems/components as per engineering standards to meet desired specifications and requirements with suitable consideration for economy, environment and safety norms. [Design and development of Solutions]
- Able to conduct investigations by analyzing and interpreting data using tools, techniques and research to find solutions for complex engineering problems. [Investigation]
- Able to model, simulate and analyze engineering problems using modern tools. [Modern Tool]
- Able to understand responsibilities associated with the use of technology and processes on societal & legal issues of concern in respect of health, safety and culture. [Engineer and Society]
- Able to understand contemporary issues in sustainable development and in providing technological solutions considering impact of socio-economic and environmental aspects. [Environment and Sustainability]
- Able to understand and implement ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering practice. [Ethics]
- Able to function effectively, as a member or team leader, in executing projects under multidisciplinary environments. [Team Work]
- Able to communicate effectively in written, oral and graphical forms and present the results in a professional manner. [Communication]
- Able to apply knowledge of engineering and management principles for effective project and finance management. [Project Management]
- Able to recognize the need for lifelong learning and adapt to latest technological developments. [Life Long Learning]
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
- Able to comprehend various mechanisms of the industries through internships & industrial visits.
- Able to design & fabricate the machine components / products / models through the application of scientific principles.