Programme Educational Objectives:
- PEO1: To provide students, a strong foundation in core areas of Electrical engineering along with engineering mathematics, sciences and usage of modern tools to make them globally competent in designing, modeling and critical problem solving.
- PEO2: To create research interest in core and multi disciplinary areas for lifelong learning and provide solutions to engineering problems for sustainable development of society.
- PEO3: To bring in holistic growth of the graduates by inculcating socio-ethical values, communication and life skills.
- PEO4: To strive for getting employment or higher education and be able to work in supportive and leadership roles.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological
Program Specific Outcomes:
PSO1: An ability to interpret, analyze and design Electrical Machines, Control Systems, Power Systems and Power Electronic Systems.
PSO2: An ability to use modern tools to analyze and design Electrical and electronic systems for providing Engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts.