Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC)
CLICK FOR LIST OF ACTIVITIES & ACHIEVEMENTS BY IIC IN 2018-19
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established ‘MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’
Why Institution’s Innovation Council?
- To systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs).
- The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas while they are in formative years.
- MIC has envisioned creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs)’ across selected HEIs.
- A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous/countless modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in these campuses.
Major Focus of IIC’s
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Start-up/ entrepreneurship supporting Mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework (ARIIA).
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas.
- Develop better Cognitive Ability amongst Technology Students.
Functions of IIC’s
- Promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campus.
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bounded fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops / seminars / interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges, etc. with the involvement of industries.
Benefits of joining IIC’s Network
- No major capital investment required for establishing IIC as it will make use of existing local ecosystem.
- Students/Faculty associated with IIC will get exclusive opportunity to participate in various Innovation related initiatives and competitions organized by MHRD.
- Win exciting Prizes/Certificates every month.
- Meet/Interact with renowned Business Leaders and top-notch academicians.
- Opportunity to nurture and prototype new ideas.
- Mentoring by Industry Professionals.
- Experimentation with new/latest technologies.
Also Follow us at: